Logo design is a very important topic that is essential for every business. A logo is the mark of a business that identifies it. In this blog, you have been told how to design a good logo and how it can be used for your business.
A good logo design reflects its business and brand identity. A logo’s design is created through its colors, fonts, and geometry. A good logo design also signifies durability and reliability. To create a logo, you have to decide on the basis of the goals of your business and its features.
You should add characteristics to your logo such as color, font, and size that reflect the characteristics of your business. Apart from this, you should also pay attention to making your logo simple and memorable. Using a good logo gives your business an identity that makes it stand out from other businesses.
Here are the 7 types of logos you need to know about:
- Monogram (or lettermark) logos
- Wordmark logos
- Pictorial mark logos
- Abstract logo marks
- Mascot logos
- The combination mark
- The emblem
- Monogram logo (or lettermark) – Lettermarks are typographic logos that form the basis of a brand that are designed in different colors and styles. This type of LOGO is used by many big companies like Hindustan Petroleum, we see their initials in the LOGO of this company. Monogram logos or letter mark logos are usually letters, depending on the brand. These Are the Initials of Some Popular Businesses With Big Names With short words to remember, they each used their initials for brand-identification purposes. Therefore for them to represent their organizations monogram logos are sometimes called lettermark logos. A lettermark is a typography-based logo usually the initials of a company. Lettermark is all about simplicity. By using only a few letters, lettermark logos are effective at maintaining a company’s brand if its name is lost.
When to use lettermark logo:-
If your business name is long, consider creating a lettermark logo. Abbreviating the business name to initials will help simplify your design. Likewise, it will be easier for customers to remember your business and your logo.
2. Wordmark/Logotype – These logos are text-based and feature the brand name in a unique and stylized font. Creating a Wordmark logo is time-consuming and requires a good designer. Alternatively, you can choose a logo font that reflects the vibe of your brand For example, common logo designs will typically use a smooth font without a serif font, while trendy logo designs may require a more distinctive typeface.
This is one of the very popular logos, which is known as a wordmark. In this type of logo, the full name of the company or organization is written and the recognition of the company or organization is very high.
– if you want to start a new business and take advantage of your design then Wordmark is the best for you.
– The wordmark logo is a distinctive business name that will remain etched in the minds of customers forever
Both lettermarks and wordmarks make logos a highly adaptable choice for a new, and growing, business.
When to use wordmark logo:–
If you have started a new business and you need to get your name out there. So wordmark is a good solution for this. Just make sure the name is short enough to take advantage of the design. Anything too long can look too cluttered.
A wordmark logo is a great idea if you have a unique business name that will stick in customers’ minds. Having your name in a great, well-designed font will make your brand that much more appealing.
3. Pictorial marks (or logo symbols) -Pictorial mark (or logo symbol) – This is a very popular LOGO type that requires a lot of hard work to make, it contains only and only Symbol of a company or organization, it does not contain any type of text so that the customer company Or easily identify the organization. This type of logo is used by very high-level companies like Apple, Nike etc. One such logo (sometimes called a brandmark or business identity) is a graphics-based logo. When you think of creating a “logo” a picture comes to your mind: The logos of each of these companies would have been so nice and presentable, and each brand is so established, that anyone looking at a photo can instantly recognize One of the biggest things to consider when deciding to create a logo is which photos to choose for the logo. It is something that holds information about your company’s complete resume. Company logo symbol graphic icon, depicting the identity and activity of the company or brand. These types of logos describe an object or product from the real world.
4. Abstract logo marks – Abstract Logo Symbol – This is a type of LOGO in which Geometrical shape is used more, it is also called Abstract LOGO, which looks exactly like a Pictorial LOGO but a Symbol is not present in it, but it is like this It is designed so that customers can easily connect with the company’s product, it is used by companies like Asian Paints, Adidas. Instead of being a recognizable photo like a fruit or a bird, it’s an abstract geometric shape that describes what your business is about. Like all logo symbols, abstract symbols work really well because they establish your brand in a featured photo. However, rather than being limited to a picture of something recognizable, abstract logos allow you to create something truly unique to represent your brand.
You can convey your company in a positive way, without relying on a specific photo. , you can create a good feeling for your brand through color and form.
5. Mascots – This is one logotype that is very popular. In this type of LOGO, there is a character that displays the main product of the company or organization, in which the illustration of the Character is done so that the LOGO looks attractive. This type of logo is used by many big companies like KFC, Ambhuja Cement etc. Mascot logos are often exaggerated. They use simple shapes to show off the personality of the brand or team. They need to be legible, simplified, and unique. A mascot is simply a pictorial character that describes your company. This is even more effective for you if you already have an established brand.
When to use images and logos for your business:–
Only a pictorial mark can be intriguing. It is effective if you already have an established brand but it is not a hard and fast rule. If your name is too long, you can use a trademark to your advantage to graphically describe what your business does. And they can also be used effectively to convey a desired idea or feeling.
Pictorial and abstract symbols also work well for global commerce. However, an illustrated mark may not be the best idea if you anticipate your business model changing in the future.
Abstract signs allow you to create an entirely unique image for your business but it’s best to hire design professionals who understand how color, shape and structure work together to create meaning.
If you are trying to attract young children or families, consider creating a mascot. A great benefit of a mascot is that it can encourage customer interaction. Hence it is a great tool for social media marketing as well as for real-world marketing events.
6. The combination mark – This is a common type of LOGO in which there is a combination of different types of LOGO in this type of LOGO we can combine Monogram design with Pictorial design, it is a combination of different types of LOGO in a way. Companies like Dominos Pizza, and HDFC Bank use this type of LOGO. This logo consists of text and photos or branding used to enhance the message and what the business is through integrated and stand-alone combination marks. Photos can be placed side by side and on top of each other, or taken together to make one photo. Some famous combination mark logos include Burger King and Lacoste. Because a name is associated with an image, a combination mark is a versatile option, in which both the text.
7. Emblem – This is a very different type of logo, which is called Emblem, inside it the name of the company is written, which looks exactly like a seal. This type of LOGO is mostly used by schools, colleges, or government organizations, in today’s time Indian Railways, and big companies are using this type of LOGO. The symbol logo contains its design features inside a frame. Emblem logos also rarely use a mascot. Instead, any imagery is more symbolic, and it often fuses seamlessly with the text. Thus they are often the preferred choice for many schools, or government agencies. Emblem logos are also made for the auto industry. made modern. For a business card with a complex symbol, a busy symbol may be so small that it becomes very difficult to read. Also, if you’re planning on getting this type of logo embroidered on a hat or shirt, you really need to create a design that’s on the simple side or it just won’t be possible.
When to use a combination sign or symbol logo:–
Combination marks are a great option for any business. It is versatile, and usually highly unique. The most popular choice of logo among major companies. The traditional form of an emblem may be preferred by many public agencies and schools. But it can also serve any budding personal business well.
Digitalartbrain specializes in creating unique and memorable logos for your brand. Our team of talented designers will work with you to understand your business and design a unique logo that stands out from the crowd. Contact us today to get started!
Contact: +91 9928768062, +91 8386978319